20 C
Sunday, May 19, 2024

Police Inspector Buried Alive After Starving For 5 Days By Lagos Monarch

Must read

The corpse of a detective attached to the Special Anti- Robbery Squad, SARS, Ikeja, Lagos State Police Command, Musa Sunday, who disappeared into thin air 6 months ago, has been found in a shallow grave at the Ibeju Lekki area of the state.

Sunday was reportedly abducted, tortured and later buried alive while on illegal duty at Ibeju Lekki.

He and four of his men were alleged to have been drafted to guard a land, which was under dispute by their Admin Officer (AO), at Ibeju Lekki.

According to New Telegraph, the policemen were drafted to the disputed land without the knowledge of the Officer in Charge of SARS (OC) and the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Fatai Owoseni.

The skeleton of the 45-year-old, a father of four children, was exhumed from a shallow grave after six months’ search.

The police have arrested at least five persons including a traditional ruler, in connection with the murder of the inspector.

The newspaper reports that the police are hunting for one Mr Balogun, who led the hoodlums that attacked, abducted and buried Sunday alive.

The newspaper reported that it was the fleeing Balogun that tied the hands of the Inspector before burying him alive. Balogun’s second in command, Arokin is in police custody and is helping the police with investigation.

The suspects, during interrogations, confessed to have buried the officer alive after starving him for more than five days.

They also admitted to have buried him alive on the orders of a traditional ruler, who has interest in the land under dispute.

Inspector Sunday was abducted sometimes in November, while guarding the disputed land. The abductors made away with his rifle. The Inspector, who was the leader of the team, was on duty with four other policemen.

The abductors, alleged to be armed to the teeth, stormed the land on that fateful day in November and overpowered Sunday, his policemen and civilian guards, patrolling the area.

Sunday was said to have been kidnapped when he confronted a large number of thugs from the other faction.

After his abduction, his phone stopped going through. His colleagues became frantic. Sunday’s wife and family members besieged the Lagos State Police Command Headquarters, Ikeja, demanding to know what had become of him.

Speaking with a journalists a few months after the abduction of Sunday, his wife, Halimat, 27, said that, “They were deployed there to maintain peace. We learnt that hoodlums were attacking a man, so my husband and his men moved to rescue the man. He told the other two policemen to go and put the man in the car so he could be safe.

“The hoodlums pounced on my husband and took him away. Sensing danger as the hoodlums kept increasing in number, his men ran away. Since then, we have not heard from him.

“Three months after, police kept telling us that they were on the matter. We learnt they have arrested the Prince that hired the hoodlums, but nothing has happened since then. His children keep asking after him. His aged mother, who has high blood pressure, has not stopped asking for his whereabouts. We don’t know what else to tell her.

“Nobody from the police cared to check on us, and now we don’t have money because we don’t have access to his ATM pin.

“I want my husband to come back. The children are suffering, and I can’t carry the load alone.”

Source: Daily Post

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article