- Advertisement -
- CERTIFICATE SCANDAL: There was comedy in the Nigerian senate chamber on Tuesday as Senator Dino Melaye appeared in full academic gown celebrating his victory in the recent certificate scandal against him which has been laid to rest by the testimonial of the VC, ABU on Monday.
- ABUBAKAR SHEKAU: The Minister of Defence, Mansur Dan-Ali, has admitted that Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau is still alive and vowed that the military will get Shekau as soon as possible, citing that it took America 10 years to get Osama Bin Ladin.
Dan-Ali stated this on Tuesday, at the presidential villa in Abuja after meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari.
- Borno Government has on Tuesday declared December 22 of every year as Public Holiday to mark the defeat of the Boko Haram terrorists by the Nigerian military.
The governor said the day will be known as Sambisa Memorial Day and will equally be used to remember those who lost their lives in the forest as well as their parents.
- Ex-Group Managing Director (GMD) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Andrew Yakubu, has withdrawn the suit he filed against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) where he sought N1billion compensation for alleged infringement on his fundamental human rights. His lawyer on Tuesday cited the recent arraignment of the former NNPC boss and the bail subsequently granted him by the court as the grounds for filing to discontinue the suit.
- Following reports of illegal recruitment exercise into the federal civil service, the federal government has approved the dismissal of five directors at the Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD). All the five directors were reportedly appointed during the administration of former President, Goodluck Jonathan in contravention to one of the public service rules that has to do with their age as at the time of recruitment.