spot_img
3.4 C
Munich
spot_img
Monday, February 16, 2026

Police probe death of two Nollywood crew members found in car on film set

Must read

The Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department, Yaba, has commenced an investigation into the sudden death of two Nollywood production crew members discovered lifeless inside a parked vehicle at a filming location in Lekki Phase 1, Lagos.

The deceased were identified as Godstime Imeh, a lighting director and Chief Executive Officer of GeeTee Light, and Walter Odediran, a creative video director popularly known as Director Carrinqton.

Their bodies were reportedly found on the evening of February 7, 2026, inside Imeh’s vehicle within the premises where a movie project directed by former Big Brother Naija housemate Boma was being shot.

Sources on the set said the two crew members had arrived early to install lighting equipment for the production. After completing the setup later in the morning, they reportedly remained inside the tinted Nissan vehicle while waiting for further instructions.

A member of the production team was said to have delivered breakfast consisting of yam and omelette to them around 11 a.m. Colleagues later became worried when repeated calls to their phones went unanswered, prompting a search that led to the discovery of their bodies later that evening.

Speaking on the incident, Kola Odediran, elder brother of the late Walter, described the development as shocking and painful to the family.

He said his brother, aged 36, shared a close working relationship with Imeh and both frequently collaborated on film projects.

He explained that the crew had earlier prepared for a medical scene scheduled to be filmed at Evercare Hospital before deciding to rest in the vehicle.

According to him, they were last seen alive shortly after food was delivered to them, while their bodies were later discovered after filming activities ended.

The family also expressed concern over what it described as a slow initial response after the incident was first reported at Maroko Police Station, noting that the matter was later transferred to SCID, Yaba, where it was officially recorded as an unnatural death requiring detailed investigation and autopsy.

Police sources confirmed that investigators have questioned the film producer, the food vendor, the crew member who delivered the meal and representatives of the hospital as part of ongoing inquiries.

Authorities said investigators are examining several possibilities, including environmental conditions, potential substance ingestion and mechanical factors such as emissions from industrial generators reportedly positioned above the parking area.

Forensic examinations, including autopsy, toxicology analysis, vehicle inspection and review of available CCTV footage, are currently underway to determine the exact cause of death, while police maintain that all investigative angles remain open pending the outcome of laboratory tests.

Kola Odediran added that the tragedy has left the family devastated, describing the loss as particularly painful given that the deceased was the youngest member of the family.

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article