A gunman has reportedly attacked a Jehovah’s Witness hall, killing seven people, including an unborn baby in the German city of Hamburg on Thursday.
German police said the gunman acted alone in the attack, and later took his own life.
His motives for the terror attack still remain unknown.
The suspect, named only as Philipp F, is said to have had “ill feelings” towards the religious community, of which he had previously been a member.
Video has emerged appearing to show him firing through a window of the hall.
At a briefing on Friday, the police said four men and two women were shot dead. All the dead were German nationals.
Eight people were injured, four seriously. A Ugandan and a Ukrainian were among those hurt.
A woman who was seven months pregnant was shot – killing her unborn baby. The mother survived.
The suspect – described as 35-year-old “sports shooter” who had a gun licence – had fled to the first floor. His “lifeless body” was found shortly afterwards.
The reasons behind the shooting were “still completely unclear”.
German Chancellor Olaf Scholz described it as a “brutal act of violence”, saying his thoughts were with the victims and their relatives.
In a statement, the Jehovah’s Witness community in Germany said it was “deeply saddened by the horrific attack on its members at the Kingdom Hall in Hamburg after a religious service”.