A man was burnt to death on Wednesday in a car explosion caused by petrol in Ilorin, Kwara State capital.
The incident occurred at about 08:44p.m, while the victim identified as Emmanuel was in a car with Registration. No: LSR966GD which suddenly caught fire and burnt him to death.
The victim, was at the main gate of the Softfort Table Water, situated at Block 2, Obanisuwa Agbejila, along Airport Road, in Ilorin Kwara State, when the car exploded.
Spokesman of the state fire service, Hassan Adekunle in a statement in Ilorin on Thursday, said firemen were able to retrieve the casualty from the motorcar on time and gave the body to the manager of the water factory named Mr Surajudeen the victim’s boss.
According to Hassan, the 37-year-old driver was coming back from a filling station and fully rolled up inside the car forgetting that he had carried the load of 3 gallons of 30 litres of petrol.
“On getting to the factory gate, the petrol suddenly exploded and thereby caused the fire incident.”
He said the cause of the fire incident was due to lack of proper ventilation in the car.
The Director, Kwara State Fire Service, Prince Falade John Olumuyiwa, who sympathized with the family of the victim for the irreparable loss, also urged the general public to take safety measures as very paramount, especially whenever they are performing their day-to-day activities, in order to protect their lives and property.